Wednesday, August 16, 2006

RIP Software

At work, a coworker started laughing in the printer room near my desk, so I walked over to see what was going on. She was pointing at the color printer saying "I guess the printer died and someone wrote 'RIP Software'". I thought that someone had found the printer dead and posted a note on it. But actually, the little display pannel read "900 Error. RIP Software". Isn't that so cute? I love it when tech geeks get cute.

Meanwhile, there are those technologies that give us encoded jargon when things go wrong. Like my laptop that just died (RIP Laptop. Ironically, it's product name is "LifeBook" by Fujitsu). There were a bunch of lines on the display, like:
9023570210294 Lorem ipsom dolor sit amet.
I was like huh? Good thing Chang can speak nerd-speak. He looked at it for a second and said, "yea, hard drive failure." Riiiight....

RIP Laptop. You will get a new hard drive and come to life again soon.

1 comment:

G$ said...

......

it's like lol on one hand, and ...... on the other. techies.... can't live w/ 'em, can't live w/o 'em.

>]