Anyhoo. I start with "my friend who visited me from Seattle": Nabeeha. Nabi visited me back in March for her birthday. Here we are starting her birthday weekend at India's Clay Oven in Richmond (SF). That was some good buffet (only 8 bucks). Tandoori chicken curry was especially not bad. BTW, I should note that our waiter had the toughest time trying to maneuver my camera.... by the time he would realize he needs to press -- yes press means you push down and then, this is crucial - you lift! -- the button, the camera would shut down (took too long). It was miraculous we got this one.


Here's the March baby. What a beauty! :)

Next up: "My trip to Seattle". I think it was late March -- I went to Seattle for a usability study. I only got to see Nabi very briefly, which sucked, cuz it would have been so nice to hang out and explore Seattle. But unfortunately, since I was there for work, I didn't really have time to do that... and I had to fly back on Thursday night.
I did get to see my cousins though... actually the boys here are my oldest cousin's sons. I call my oldest cousin "older brother" in korean. And these boys are supposed to call me "auntee", but because we are sort of close in age (well we are less in age gap than I am with their dad) they call me "older sister" in korean (cuz "auntee" is awkward in our case). So my family's all jacked up in that way. No inbreeding though, I swear.
It was so great to see them though... last time I saw them was when they were in middle and elementary school -- but now they are both in highschool. Boyz II men. Aren't they so cute? I felt really old though... and it didn't help their mom kept telling me I'm "30 in korean age" (not true -- I still have a few years to go!! I think she's bitter for getting older herself. Why do women get so bitter about aging. Well I know why... but seriously we should celebrate. I don't welcome the fine lines I see now, but I do enjoy the certain freedoms and blessings I enjoy as I get older... like financial mobility, being a little wiser, etc. There's also the thought that as you get older, you may be stepping closer to meeting that "special someone", closer to the next dream job, etc... but all that is for another blog. This is a Seattly blog.)
Also, here is a picture of the view outside my window. I stayed at the Renaissance in downtown Seattle. It was really nice and close to the shopping, the hustle and bustle, and Nabi! :) I'd love to go back and visit Nabi over a weekend. Would just love love love to go to that fish market of theirs (Chang would really love that too). Maybe do some outdoors adventure or two. Maybe go fishing. Our usability test was actually hosted by a facility near Kirkwood (you know, like Costco shtuff). Man, that area is gorgeous! Waterfront property EVERYWHERE. Greenery EVERYWHERE. Nabi, you better enjoy it!!!! (but you know you wanna move to cali.... yesss...)

2 comments:
man.. ur writing has blossomed since college! =) i want to go to seattle, too! take me w/ u!! =]
Hey Erika! I'm sorry I didn't get to see you... I really would love to go back to Seattle and just enjoy the city and the outdoors. And definately we'll have to hang out. You're so lucky that Viktor has a place on the beach in Kirkland (Costco!)... That place was so pretty!
Post a Comment