choidh was in town for an interview at Google -- and just in time for what I hear is his annual birthday drunken madness at Miyake's in Palo Alto. I joined David and his drunken reverie of friends to wish him a happy birthday. This was actually my first time at the famed Miyake's, so thanks Dachoi for the lovely invite. :) Miyake's was alot less fancier and more club-ish than I thought (imagine, bald Chinese waiters pouring your sakes, Top40 music, strobe lights, girls in minis standing on chairs about to down their Sakebomb, everyone in the restaurant yelling "Sakebomb!", did I mention the bald Chinese waiters? I dont' know... it was a really weird mix.). This place is not known for their sushi... but choidh did pick just the right place because it was really fun, and choi was fully enjoying one bad sake after another. :)
His friends kept pressuring me to do a sake bomb ("cuz you're Korean -- we know you can drink -- don't be a disgrace to the Koreans." wtf? Sorry David, but I really hate that line.) . I was getting kinda irked about this (I really really really hate people pressuring me to drink.) -- but to shut them up and also - and more because it was choi's bday, I did one with da bday boy. And it was fun. :) I think I saw him almost swoon off his chair after the shot though. When we took this picture, I patted his stomache and it sounded like water drums. Last shot is Dave and his friend (pictures for you Dave!). Hope you enjoyed your birthday. The bay area was happy to have you back! :)
2 comments:
Thanks for the pictures Cameron! Really glad that you came out. Sorry if i was pressuring you to drink but alas, I was not in the most stable of states that night. For the record, I only fell over...once...twice...nevermind.
hey - i remember that guy! lol. happy bday! =]
Post a Comment